Properties Data for Chemicals & Materials: Metals
Beyond the resources listed under BEST GENERAL SOURCES, we have access to these specialized resources for metals and alloys:
- Metal Material Data Sheets UB ONLY
- ASM Ready Reference - Thermal Properties of Metals UB ONLY
Quick and easy-to-use source for qualified thermal properties of metals and alloys. The data tables are arranged by material hierarchy, with summary tables sorted by property value. Values are given for a range of high and low temperatures.
- ASM Ready Reference - Electrical and Magnetic Properties of Metals UB ONLY
This reference book provides a comparative listing of materials and their magnetic and electrical properties to aid in the materials selection process. The materials are sorted by a common materials hierarchy, and their property values are given in International Standard (SI) and customary units.
- Aluminum Alloy Database UB ONLY
This online database, available through our subscription to Knovel, provides physical, mechanical, and chemical properties of both wrought and and a wide variety of types of cast aluminum alloys.
- Properties of Aluminum Alloys - Fatigue Data and the Effects of Temperature UB ONLY
This handbook by ASM International provides one of the most comprehensive collections of fatigue data available for aluminum alloys, tempers, and related products.
- Aluminum Alloy Castings - Properties, Processes, and Applications UB ONLY
This handbook by ASM International provides property and performance data for all types of aluminum alloy castings and reviews and describes the factors that contribute to and affect those properties, including composition, microstructure, casting process, heat treatment, and quality assurance. .
- Titanium Alloy Database UB ONLY
This online database provides a comprehensive compilation of typical and representative mechanical and physical properties for over 80 well-known wrought and cast commercial titanium alloys in a variety of production conditions at various temperatures.
- Materials Properties Handbook - Titanium Alloys UB ONLY
This handbook by ASM International provides extensive information on applications, physical properties, corrosion, mechanical properties (including design allowables where available), fatigue, fracture properties, and elevated temperature properties for titanium alloys.
- Engineering Properties of Steel UB ONLY
Provides extensive data on properties of more than 425 steels in addition to chemical composition, fabrication characteristics, machining data, and typical uses. The steels are also cross-referenced to U.S. and foreign standards.
- Steels - Microstructure and Properties UB ONLY
This handbook examines the mechanical properties of steels in conjunction with their microstructure.
- Smithells Metals Reference Book (8th ed) UB ONLY
This classic handbook, available online through our subscription to Knovel, contains information on the technology and science of metallic materials and includes numerous tables of physical, chemical, electrical, mechanical, and magnetic properties of metals. Includes interactive phase diagrams and graphs.
- Handbook of Corrosion Data UB ONLY
This online by ASM International is divided into two parts: Corrosion of Metals, and Alloys and Corrosion Media. The first part contains summaries on the general corrosion characteristics of major metals and alloys in various corrosion environments. Information in the second part is organized alphabetically by chemical compound and the data for each corrosive agent/compound are presented in tabular form.
- Compilation of Stress-Relaxation Data for Engineering Alloys UB ONLY
This book compiles published and known data on stress relaxation of metals and alloys of engineering interest.
- Atlas of Fatigue Curves UB ONLY
This online book published by ASM International contains more than 500 fatigue curves for industrial ferrous and nonferrous alloys.
- Atlas of Stress-Strain Curves UB ONLY
This online book published by ASM International contains more than 1400 stress-strain curves. Curve types include monotonic and cyclic stress-strain, isochronous stress-strain, and tangent modulus.
- Atlas of Time-Temperature Diagrams for Irons and Steels UB ONLY
Comprehensive collection of time-temperature diagrams for irons and steels.
- Atlas of Time-Temperature Diagrams for Nonferrous Alloys UB ONLY
Comprehensive collection of time-temperature diagrams for nonferrous alloys.
- ASM Micrograph Database UB ONLY
Access to over 4,100 micrographs for industrially important alloys, including ferrous and nonferrous metals, ceramics, and composites.
- ASM Handbook Online UB ONLY
The ASM Handbook covers metals and alloys as well as nonmetallic structural materials including plastics, ceramics, and composites, with detailed information on materials properties, processes, performance, manufacture, and selection.
- Vol. 1 - Properties and Selection: Irons, Steels, and High-Performance Alloys
- Vol. 2 - Properties and Selection: Non-Ferrous Alloys and Special-Purpose Materials
- Vol. 3 - Alloy Phase Diagrams
- Vol. 4 - Heat Treating
- Vol. 5 - Surface Engineering
- Vol. 6 - Welding, Brazing, and Soldering
- Vol. 6A - Welding Fundamentals and Processing
- Vol. 7 - Powder Metal Technologies and Applications
- Vol. 8 - Mechanical Testing and Evaluation
- Vol. 9 - Metallography and Microstructures
- Vol. 10 - Materials Characterization
- Vol. 11 - Failure Analysis and Prevention
- Vol. 12 - Fractography
- Vol. 13A - Corrosion: Fundamentals, Testing, and Protection
- Vol. 13B - Corrosion: Materials
- Vol. 13C - Corrosion: Environments and Industries
- Vol. 14A - Metalworking: Bulk Forming
- Vol. 14B - Metalworking: Sheet Forming
- Vol. 15 - Casting
- Vol. 16 - Machining
- Vol. 17 - Nondestructive Evaluation and Quality Control
- Vol. 18 - Friction, Lubrication, and Wear Technology
- Vol. 19 - Fatigue and Fracture
- Vol. 20 - Materials Selection and Design
- Vol. 21 - Composites
- Vol. 22A - Fundamentals of Modeling for Metals Processing
- Vol. 22B - Metals Process Simulation
- Vol. 23 - Materials for Medical Devices
Available to UB online via our subscription to Knovel, this resource contains over 12,000 material data sheets for ferrous and nonferrous groups, electronic/magnetic alloy, intermetallic, metal matrix composite and metal foam, mesh or honeycomb. Ferrous includes all varieties of steel and iron. Nonferrous include aluminums, coppers, nickel, zinc, precious metals and other non-iron based alloys. Each group of materials has interactive tables with basic properties in US customary and metric units.
The University at Buffalo is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards to ensure we provide equal access to all users. If you experience any difficulty in scheduling an appointment with me on this website, I will provide an alternative means of making an appointment. To request assistance or provide suggestions about improving the user experience, please contact me, Erin Rowley, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (716-645-1369).
University at Buffalo
Buffalo, NY 14260
Citation Management Software
UB has a site license to EndNote, software that allows you to collect, store, organize, retrieve, and automatically format references to journal articles, books, patents, and more in your papers.
For help using EndNote, click here for the EndNote Basics Guide here. The Guide contains descriptions of features, PDF downloads, and videos on how to use EndNote effectively.
For more help, contact Erin Rowley, Engineering Librarian, email@example.com.