History of Medicine: Books and Print Resources
The History of Medicine Collection features many fascinating books and other resources that cover a variety of topics in medicine and the health sciences. Listed below are a few unique resources in our collection that can be found in the library catalog. In addition, there is a quick tutorial on how to find books that are located in the History of Medicine Collection using the catalog.
History of the School of Medicine
The History of Medicine collection includes resources on the history of the University of Buffalo's School of Medicine and School of Dentistry. These resources include:
- Yearbooks: The Iris, Medentian, Continuum, and Kranteras series. A list of the years available can be found here.
- Executive Committee Minutes: 1912-1976.
- Records of Examinations: 1895-1936
- Records of the Proceedings of the Medical Faculty of the University of Buffalo: 1846-1878
- Records Minutes of Meetings, Medical Department of the University of Buffalo: 1878-1907
Accessing our book collection
While our book collection is non-circulating, you can access our book collection by visiting the collection or requesting through Delivery+. Note that some books may not be available through Delivery+ if they are too fragile.
Currently, the collection is open by appointment only. To make an appointment, either email us at email@example.com or call us at 716-829-5752