Toolkit for SEAS Students: Handbooks, Properties, Patents and More: About This Toolkit
Looking for properties data?
Need an equation, formula, or schematic?
Want to know what standards relate to your project?
You've come to the right place. This toolkit was designed specifically for undergraduate engineering students doing design projects, but it will also be useful for all students completing engineering homework assignments and research projects.
This toolkit provides online access to:
Use the tabs above to access these resources online.
And do not hesitate to contact UB's Engineering Librarian, Erin Rowley, email@example.com, for help with finding the information you need.
- classic handbooks in each area of engineering (aerospace, biomedical, chemical, etc.),
- databases that will lead you to journal and magazine articles,
- properties data,
- standards and test methods
- patents (great source for ideas and for detailed technical information),
- selected software manuals and guides, and
- Knovel (pronounced "novel"), an engineering database with full text and lots of numeric data.
The University at Buffalo is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards to ensure we provide equal access to all users. If you experience any difficulty in scheduling an appointment with me on this website, I will provide an alternative means of making an appointment. To request assistance or provide suggestions about improving the user experience, please contact me, Erin Rowley, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (716-645-1369).
University at Buffalo
Buffalo, NY 14260