Site Planning and Design: ARC 526, END 426, URP 526: Library Resources: Architecture, Maps, Environment, etc.
Architecture, Design, Landscapes, Sustainable Building
- Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals This link opens in a new windowArchitecture-related research. More InfoPartial Full-Text UB ONLY
- BuildingGreen This link opens in a new windowBuildingGreen helps architects, designers and other sustainability professionals make their projects greener and healthier. More InfoFull-Text UB ONLY
- Detail Inspiration This link opens in a new windowDETAIL Inspiration is an online image and reference database for architects in English and German. More InfoFull-Text UB ONLY
- Everything This link opens in a new windowThe "Everything" search engine, powered by Ex Libris Primo VE, provides a Google-like experience, allowing researchers to use one search box to discover reliable library content. More InfoUB ONLY
- Material ConneXion This link opens in a new windowMaterial ConneXion is a resource for design development in Architecture, Interior Design, Industrial Design, Landscape Architecture, Transportation Design and more. More InfoFull-Text UB ONLY
- OnArchitecture This link opens in a new windowSelection of original content featuring the best architecture in the world. More InfoUB ONLY
- Business First of Buffalo This link opens in a new windowProvides coverage of business, finance, and economic topics. More InfoFull-Text UB ONLY
- Buffalo News Collection This link opens in a new windowFull-text of articles from the Buffalo News back to 1989 and up to the present. More InfoFull-Text UB ONLY
- Chronicling America: Historic American Newspapers This link opens in a new windowDigitized images of America's historical newspapers. More InfoFull-Text PUBLIC
- Newspaper Source Plus This link opens in a new windowFull-text newspapers, newswires, TV/radio transcripts. More InfoFull-Text UB ONLY
- Ethnic NewsWatch This link opens in a new windowAmerican ethnic press. More InfoFull-Text UB ONLY
- Social Explorer This link opens in a new windowDemographic information about the United States including historical data back to 1790. More InfoData UB ONLY
Looking for government information:
Google search: site.gov topic
example: site.gov alternative modes of transportation or site.gov regulations construction
-will result in government websites that have these keywords
- Gale In Context: Environmental Studies This link opens in a new windowCoverage of environmental research, issues, policy, and decision-making in the form of full text journal articles, news stories, interactive maps, statistical data, refereed case studies, podcasts, and more. More InfoFull-Text UB ONLY
- Environment Complete This link opens in a new windowDeep coverage in environmental studies. More InfoPartial Full-Text UB ONLY
Site Analysis Book
- Site Analysis byCall Number: ebookThe process-oriented guide to context-sensitive site selection, planning, and design Sustainable design is responsive to context. And each site has a unique set of physical, biological, cultural, and legal attributes that presents different opportunities and constraints for alternative uses of the site. Site analysis systematically evaluates these on-site and off-site factors to inform the design of places--including neighborhoods and communities--that are attractive, walkable, and climate-resilient.
- Fire Insurance Maps online This link opens in a new windowFire Insurance Maps online (FIMo) is an online subscription service that provides access to historical map collection. More InfoFull-Text UB ONLY
Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps
by Fred Stoss Last Updated Jun 6, 2023 1402 views this year
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
by Fred Stoss Last Updated Mar 29, 2023 12708 views this year
- USGS Topo MapsClick on US Topo on left side of page. On the right, type in City/Town name in the search box, enter. On the left side, click Search Products, scroll down to USGS Topo 7.5 minute map and click on download pdf
- PolicyMap This link opens in a new windowCreate compelling maps of up to five layers, export trend charts with key benchmarks, download data for use in other tools, generate reports, and upload your own data to view it with PolicyMap data.
- Compendex (Engineering Index) This link opens in a new windowEngineering & applied science-related research. More InfoPartial Full-Text UB ONLY
- TRID Database This link opens in a new windowTransportation-related research. More InfoPUBLIC
Town Plans/Planning Documents
- City of Buffalo Planning Document LibraryView a number of archived Planning Division documents, such as urban renewal plans, surveys, and amendments.
To find town plans:
Google keyword search: site:.gov city plan (add city name)
ex: site:.gov city plan Buffalo
You can add in zoning, land use or any other topic you are searching.