Technical Standards: International Standards
CGSB - Canadian General Standards Board
- Standards, test methods, and and specifications published by the Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) are housed on Lockwood Library's 3rd floor under the call number: CAN P-29/ [standard number].
- For a listing of these standards, consult the Canadian General Standards Board Catalogue at http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/ongc-cgsb/publications/catalogue/index-eng.html.
For more information on Canadian standards, see the website of the Canadian Standards Association.
We do not, in general, collect international standards. Exceptions are noted below for IEC and ISO.
IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission
- We have several IEC standards related to medical devices in our collection:
- IEC 60601-1:2005+AMD1:2012, Medical electrical equipment. Part 1 General requirements for basic safety and essential performance. Lockwood Library Sci & Engr Reference Collection R856.6 .M43 2012
- IEC 60601-1-2:2014, Medical electrical equipment. Part 1-2, General requirements for basic safety and essential performance--collateral standard: electromagnetic disturbances--requirements and tests. Lockwood Library Sci & Engr Reference Collection R856.6 .M4312 2014
- IEC 60601-1-6:2010+AMD1:2013, Medical electrical equipment. Part 1-6, General requirements for basic safety and essential performance--collateral standard: usability. Lockwood Library Reference Collection R856.6 .M4313 2013
- IEC 62366-1:2015, Medical devices. Part 1, Application of usability engineering to medical devices. Lockwood Library Sci & Engr Reference Collection R856.6 .M43 2015
- We also have one joint IEC / ISO standard in the ISO 9000 series: ISO / IEC 9001:2015: Quality management systems: requirements. Abbott Library Book Collection HD 62.15 Q1 2015
- For more information on IEC standards, see the IEC website, which provides access to a catalog of IEC standards and other documents.
ISO - International Organization for Standardization
- ISO is a worldwide federation of national standards bodies from some 130 countries, one from each country. ANSI is the United States' representative to ISO. ISO's mission is to promote the development of standardization and related activities worldwide with a view to facilitating the international exchange of goods and services. ISO publishes and distributes the ISO 9000 and 14000 standards.
- The ISO 9000 series is used worldwide as an international standard for quality assurance and quality control. We have one of the standards in this series: ISO / IEC 9001:2015: Quality management systems: requirements. Abbott Library Book Collection HD 62.15 Q1 2015
- The ISO 14000 series applies to environmental management systems. We do not have these standards in our collections.
- In this country, the ISO 9000 and 14000 series have been issued by the American Society for Quality Control . The downtown Buffalo & Erie County Public Library may own or have access to these sets of standards.
- For more information on ISO standards, see ISO Online Browsing Platform, which provides access to an online catalog of ISO standards that can be searched by title word and standard number. Ordering information is also provided. ISO standards can also be ordered through ANSI.
Full Text Access to Standards
Citation Management Software
UB has a site license to EndNote, software that allows you to collect, store, organize, retrieve, and automatically format references to journal articles, books, patents, and more in your papers.
For help using EndNote, check out the EndNote Basics Guide here: https://research.lib.buffalo.edu/endnote-basics. The Guide contains descriptions of features, PDF downloads, and videos on how to use EndNote effectively.
For more help, contact Erin Rowley, Engineering Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org.