Technical Standards: International Standards
CGSB - Canadian General Standards Board
- Many standards published by the Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) are available free of charge electronically. View the catalogue of standards (and access PDF documents of those available) by clicking here.
- NOTE: Scroll down to the Standards Numerical Index for a listing of categories as well as the full listing of standards.
- Print copies of CGSB standards, test methods, and specifications are available on Lockwood Library's 3rd floor under the call number: CAN P-29/ [standard number].
- For more information on Canadian standards, also see the website of the Canadian Standards Association.
We do not, in general, collect international standards. Exceptions are noted below for IEC and ISO.
IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission
- The IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission) is the world’s leading organization that prepares and publishes International Standards for all electrical, electronic, and related technologies. Close to 20 000 experts from industry, commerce, government, test and research labs, academia, and consumer groups participate in IEC Standardization work.
- For more information on IEC standards, see the IEC website, which provides access to a catalog of IEC standards and other documents.
Available IEC Standards at UB
- We have several IEC standards related to medical devices in our collection:
- IEC 60601-1:2005+AMD1:2012, Medical electrical equipment. Part 1 General requirements for basic safety and essential performance. Lockwood Library Sci & Engr Reference Collection R856.6 .M43 2012
- IEC 60601-1-2:2014, Medical electrical equipment. Part 1-2, General requirements for basic safety and essential performance--collateral standard: electromagnetic disturbances--requirements and tests. Lockwood Library Sci & Engr Reference Collection R856.6 .M4312 2014
- IEC 60601-1-6:2010+AMD1:2013, Medical electrical equipment. Part 1-6, General requirements for basic safety and essential performance--collateral standard: usability. Lockwood Library Reference Collection R856.6 .M4313 2013
- IEC 62366-1:2015, Medical devices. Part 1, Application of usability engineering to medical devices. Lockwood Library Sci & Engr Reference Collection R856.6 .M43 2015
- We also have one joint IEC / ISO standard in the ISO 9000 series: ISO / IEC 9001:2015: Quality management systems: requirements. Abbott Library Health Sciences Reference Collection HD 62.15 Q1 2015
ISO - International Organization for Standardization
- ISO is a worldwide federation of national standards bodies from some 130 countries, one from each country. ANSI is the United States' representative to ISO. ISO publishes and distributes the ISO 9000 and 14000 standards.
- For more information on ISO standards, see ISO Online Browsing Platform, which provides access to an online catalog of ISO standards that can be searched by title word and standard number. Ordering information is also provided. ISO standards can also be ordered through ANSI.
Available ISO Standards at UB
- The following ISO standards are available electronically through the Techstreet Enterprise database. To access, click here or on the Techstreet Enterprise link from the "Full Text Access to Standards" box at right.
- ISO/IEC 25062:2006, Software engineering - Software product Quality Requirements and Evaluation (SQuaRE) - Common Industry Format (CIF) for usability test reports
- ISO/TS 15066:2016, Robots and robotic devices - Collaborative robots
- ISO 9241-11:2018, Ergonomics of human-system interaction - Part 11: Usability: Definitions and concepts
- ISO 178:2019, Plastics - Determination of flexural properties
- ISO/TR 21959-1:2020, Road vehicles - Human performance and state in the context of automated driving - Part 1: Common underlying concepts
- The ISO 9000 series is used worldwide as an international standard for quality assurance and quality control. We have one of the standards in this series:
- ISO/IEC 9001:2015: Quality management systems: requirements. Abbott Library Health Sciences Reference Collection HD 62.15 Q1 2015
Full Text Access to Standards
Citation Management Software
UB has a site license to EndNote, software that allows you to collect, store, organize, retrieve, and automatically format references to journal articles, books, patents, and more in your papers.
For help using EndNote, click here for the EndNote Basics Guide here. The Guide contains descriptions of features, PDF downloads, and videos on how to use EndNote effectively.
For more help, contact Erin Rowley, Engineering Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org.