Industrial & Systems Engineering Research: Home
Please contact me for individual consultation, group instruction, library purchase recommendations, and suggestions for this guide.
- Engineering Village This link opens in a new windowThe combined Compendex, Inspec, and GeoRef databases.More InfoPartial Full-Text UB ONLY
- Web of Science This link opens in a new windowOne-pass searching of Web of Science citation indexes, BIOSIS Citation Index, Derwent Innovations Index, MEDLINE and more. More InfoPartial Full-Text UB ONLY
- Ergonomics Abstracts Online This link opens in a new windowInternational literature of ergonomics and human factors. More InfoPartial Full-Text UB ONLY
- APA PsycINFO This link opens in a new windowPsychology, psychiatry, social work & related disciplines. More Info
Partial Full-Text UB ONLY
- Knovel E-Books: Science and Engineering This link opens in a new windowFull-text of a thousand science and engineering handbooks with a focus on books containing numeric data. More InfoPartial Full-Text UB ONLY
JoVE UnlimitedA peer reviewed video journal and science education platform. More InfoStreaming MediaUB ONLY
AVON - Academic Video OnlineStreaming video in a wide range of subjects and genres. More InfoStreaming MediaUB ONLY
Kanopy Streaming ServiceVideos from major educational film producers. More InfoStreaming MediaUB ONLY
For more streaming media available at UB, check out our Streaming Media webpage.
The Snap-Together RoboHand prosthetic shown above was invented by South African carpenter Richard van As and made available for free on the Internet. Before printing, the hand can be individually sized, and all connecting pieces are also printed. The device can now be printed for less than $100. Photograph: U.S. Food & Drug Administration; in the public domain.
How to Read a Scientific Paper
The video above was created by the librarians at the University of Minnesota Libraries.
Purdue University Libraries has also put together a wonderful tutorial. It was originally created to be an interactive tutorial using flash player, but flash is no longer supported in Chrome browsers. Therefore, you can access a PDF version by clicking on this link.
University at Buffalo
Buffalo, NY 14260
Citation Management Software
UB has a site license to EndNote, software that allows you to collect, store, organize, retrieve, and automatically format references to journal articles, books, patents, and more in your papers.
For help using EndNote, click here for the EndNote Basics Guide here. The Guide contains descriptions of features, PDF downloads, and videos on how to use EndNote effectively.
For more help, contact Erin Rowley, Engineering Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org.