Search Tips: Getting Started
Welcome to UB Libraries Search
Learn how to find and use library materials at UB and across SUNY.
We now have a single, unified system that gives you the ability to search databases, UB library collections, and all SUNY campus library catalogs, all in one place, all at one time.
What Am I Searching?
NOW HIGHLIGHTING UB & SUNY MATERIALS
The Everything search engine allows researchers to use one search box to discover reliable library content. The default search features Everything UB + SUNY: physical materials held by UB and SUNY and online materials (including articles) held by UB. The search can be narrowed or expanded by selecting a different scope from the dropdown menu.
You can search within different areas of the UB Libraries and SUNY collections, including:
- Everything UB + SUNY - materials owned by UB and SUNY, and print and electronic articles available at UB;
- Everything UB - materials owned by UB, including articles;
- Online Resources - UB materials available online, including articles, ebooks, and more;
- UB Libraries Catalog - materials owned by UB, excluding articles;
- Articles - print and electronic articles available at UB;
- SUNY Catalog - materials owned by UB and SUNY, excluding articles;
- Everything UB + SUNY + WorldCat - materials owned by UB and SUNY, articles owned by UB, and records in the WorldCat database.
Log in from the upper right menu on the Library search page.
Why Should I Log In?
- Access your account to view what you currently have checked out
- Request or renew items
- View full search results
- Save items from your results list and searches you have performed for future use
- Set preferences to reflect the way you usually search and save them for future sessions
- Export citations to Endnote and Zotero