Aerial Photographs of Buffalo and WNY: Agricultural Stabilization and Conservation Service (1966)
Series ARE-ARF Notes
U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Stabilization and Conservation Service
- Flown by Keystone Aerial Surveys, Inc., Philadelphia, Pa.
- Date: 1966
- Coverage: Portions of Erie, Cattaraugus and Niagara Counties, N.Y.
- Scale 1:20,000
- Code: ASCS (Plates have series numbers/sub-numbers)
- 19 - 2GG-n 20 - 2GG-n Grand Island (south bridge area) and Tonawanda (Town). Niagara River.
- 74 - 2GG-n Niagara River, N end Lake Ontario (Fort Niagara, Youngstown, NY-Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ont./S to area North of Lewiston)
- 88 - 2GG-n 89 - 2GG-n 90 Niagara Falls, Ont.; W section of Niagara Falls, NY along river between Falls and Whirpool; (89 detail).
- 15 Cheektowaga I-90/Walden Avenue interchange, N Genesee Street, S Broadway (similar coverage to ARF-3gg 52, 53)
- 42 - 1GG d
- 71 - 1GG South Buffalo, Cazenovia Park, N Buffalo River, E West Seneca (Thruway/400 interchange), S Ridge Road
- 72 - 1GG, 73 - 1GG, 74 Thruway (I-990) corridor N Walden Avenue S exit for (pre-400) 400 expressway.
- 77 - 1GG Cheektowaga I-90/33 (Kensington) interchange (S); I-90 (E); Main Street (Eggertsville), (N); Bailey Avenue, UB South Campus (W).
- 102 - 1GG Buffalo (E of downtown); W Jefferson Ave., S Dingens St, E Harlem, N East Ferry St. (400% section Bailey/William/Bud Mill Drive; map key).
- 104 - 1GG South of 102 (above), Buffalo River, South Buffalo.
- 129 - 1GG, 130 - 1GG, 131 - 1GG, 135 - 1GG, 136 - 1GG Cattaraugus Creek
- 160 - 1GG Stony Point, Union Ship Canal, Bethlehem Steel complex; Furman Blvd; Smoke Creek & Ridge Road.
- 163, 164, 165 - 1GG Buffalo downtown (alt res images: 600 dpi; 300 dpi)
- 166 - 1GG Buffalo (northern) Delaware Park/Buffalo State (N); Scajacquada /Kensington Expressways (E); Virginia St. (S); Niagara St./Squaw Island (W) (300% excerpt)
- 167 - 1GG (300% excerpts: Elmwood Corridor/Elmwood Strip; Buffalo State; Canisius College; Delaware Park area (includes Lake, Forest Lawn Cemetery, Buffalo Zoo)
- 168 - 1GG Kenmore/Tonawanda west (Military Drive) (W); Buffalo (northern) Delaware Park/Buffalo State, Scajacquada (S); Starin Avenue (E); near Highland Avenue (N) 300% detail
- 170 - 1GG
- UB South Campus and vicinity (detail)
Series note: Photographed June 12, 1966
- 5 - 2GG, 6 - 2GG, 7 - 2GG, Grand Island NW; North Tonawanda (E) including Tonawanda Island, City of Tonawanda, Town of Tonawanda, and Niagara River (E Branch), Grand Island Bridge (S).
- 8 - 2GG 9 - 2GG Grand Island (south bridge area) and Tonawanda (Town). Niagara River.
- 10 - 2GG Tonawanda west (Sheridan Drive & Military)
- 42 - 2GG, 47 - 2GG, 48, 49 - 2GG, 50 - 2GG Cattaraugus Creek
- 73 - 2GG, 74 - 2GG, 75 - 2GG, Grand Island (S) (south bridge area) and (E) Tonawanda (Town). Niagara River.
- 84 - 2GG Grand Island (North); Buckhorn Island, Navy Island; bridges to Niagara County.
- 90 - 2GG Grand Island S tip (partial); Ontario (Ft. Erie); part of Beaver Island State Park (E part not in collection). Beaver Island: 1920, 1951.
- 19 - 3GG
- 24 - 3GG, 25 Cattaraugus Creek
- 52 - 3GG, 53 - 3GG, 55 - 3GG Cheektowaga (Buffalo International Airport, Thruway, Transit Road, Genesee Street). (Buffalo Crushed Stone site near Airport). Similar image from ARF 1gg 15; 200% Detail of Buffalo International Airport complex.
- 57 - 3GG, 58 - 3GG, 59 - 3GG Cheektowaga/Williamsville (East), Clarence (North of Buffalo International Airport, Thruway, Transit Road, Maple Road)
- 63 - 3GG, 65 - 3GG, 71 - 3GG, 73 - 3GG Amherst-Pendleton area along Tonawanda Creek (Transit Road & Millersport--New Road--Tonawanda Creek Road).
- 81 - 3GG, 84 - 3GG, 85 - 3GG, 86 - 3GG, 87 - 3GG Lancaster NY and vicinity (86 excerpt 400% showing comparison to 1966 and 2008).
- 114 - 3GG Western New York Nuclear Service Center (West Valley Nuclear Demonstration Project), Ashford, NY (Cattaraugus County). Includes Ashford and part of Cattaraugus Creek (200% detail). Also topo maps: 1924; 1939; 1964; 1988. Current sate image (Catt. Co GIS) showing topography/structures. Recent sate image. See also 1978 image of West Valley Nuclear Demonstration Project.
- 116 - 3GG, 129 - 3GG Ashford Hollow (near West Valley Nuclear Demonstration Project). Includes Cattaraugus Creek.
- 145 - 3GG, 146 - 3GG, 147 - 3GG, 148 - 3GG Elma, East Aurora
- 157 - 3GG Lancaster, Clarence (between Thruway (I-90) and Genesee Street; shows quarries, Lancaster Speedway).
- 194 - 3GG Elma (N), East Aurora (S)
- 196 - 3GG East Aurora (N), Wales (E)
- 232 - 3GG, 233 - 3GG, 234 - 3GG East Aurora to Wales (routes 20A/78)
- 2 - 5GG, 3 - 5GG, 4 - 5GG, 5 - 5GG Cattaraugus Creek
- 18 - 5GG Eighteen Mile Creek at mouth to Lake Erie and S; 300% excerpt near Creek mouth. See also 1995 image.
- 39 - 5GG, 58 - 5GG, 63 - 5GG Cattaraugus Creek (Erie-Chautauqua County Line) W Lake shore-several miles inland (Portion of Cattaraugus Indian Reservation).
Series note: Photographed July 16, 1966