Biological Sciences: Databases & Journals
On this Page
- Databases & Journals
- Review Journals
- Links to Nature & Science
- Other Biological Sciences Resources @ UB
The most frequently used biological sciences databases are listed below. Use databases to find journals, peer-reviewed articles, substances, syntheses, properties, conference proceedings, patents, technical reports and other publications.
To learn more about scientific literature: A Very Brief Introduction to the Scientific Literature and Types of Scientific Literature.
If you are unsure of where to start, contact your librarian (Amanda McCormick). A good rule of thumb is to start at the top of the list.
- AccessScience This link opens in a new windowAccessScience provides access to written reference material that covers all major scientific disciplines.More InfoFull-Text UB ONLY
- Web of Science This link opens in a new windowOne-pass searching of Web of Science citation indexes, BIOSIS Citation Index, Derwent Innovations Index, MEDLINE and more. More InfoPartial Full-Text UB ONLY
- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowComprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database. More InfoFull-Text UB ONLY
- JoVE Unlimited This link opens in a new windowA peer reviewed video journal and science education platform. More InfoStreaming Media UB ONLY
- SciFinder-n This link opens in a new windowCore scientific database encompassing the literature, substances and reactions of chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering and related fields. More InfoPartial Full-Text UB ONLY
NOTE: SciFinder-n requires registration. To register, please visit: https://research.lib.buffalo.edu/chemistry/scifinder-n-new-accounts
Certain databases are available by publisher name. These are listed below.
- Nature Journals This link opens in a new windowProvides electronic access to the entire family of Nature journals. More InfoPartial Full-Text UB ONLY
- ScienceDirect - (Elsevier) This link opens in a new windowPartial Full-Text of all Elsevier published journals. More InfoPartial Full-Text UB ONLY
- Wiley Online Library This link opens in a new windowMulti-disciplinary database that includes full-text journal articles and some full-text reference sources. More InfoFull-Text UB ONLY
- Springer Journals Online This link opens in a new windowFull-text of selected journals published by Springer. More InfoPartial Full-Text UB ONLY
Annual Review Journals
Annual Review Journals provide articles that summarize current research and are a great introduction to a new topic.
Biological science topics: Annual Review of Biochemistry; Annual Review of Biomedical Data Science; Annual Review of Biomedical Engineering; Annual Review of Biophysics; Annual Review of Cancer Biology; Annual Review of Cell and Developmental Biology; Annual Review of Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics; Annual Review of Environment and Resources; Annual Review of Genetics; Annual Review of Genomics and Human Genetics; Annual Review of Immunology; Annual Review of Microbiology; Annual Review of Neuroscience; Annual Review of Plant Biology; Annual Review of Virology
- Annual Reviews This link opens in a new windowCritical reviews of current research in biomedical, life, physical, and social sciences disciplines. More InfoPartial Full-Text UB ONLY
Biological Sciences Resources @ UB
by Pamela Rose Last Updated May 25, 2023 25 views this year
Biomedical Engineering Research
by Erin Rowley Last Updated May 25, 2023 689 views this year
by Michelle Zafron Last Updated May 25, 2023 17 views this year
by Nell Aronoff Last Updated May 25, 2023 104 views this year
Ecology & Environment
by Fred Stoss Last Updated Feb 8, 2023 93 views this year
Chemistry: Advanced Research Skills
by Amanda McCormick Last Updated Mar 21, 2023 67 views this year
Science News and Research
Liaison to CAS Biology, Chemistry, Physics & Psychology
Liaison to School of Social Work
Schedule an appointment with me: https://tinyurl.com/25vdy7t2; also email/call