Maps & Cartography: Finding Maps Online
These pages collect resources and tips for finding digitized and digital maps online.
UB Libraries Map Databases
University at Buffalo Map Collections
- City of Buffalo Neighborhoods Map. Map, with overview of each neighborhood in Buffalo. Also has links to relevant other maps and websites
- Historical Topographic Maps of Buffalo. Briefly describes the collection and shows some examples. These maps range from 1895-1948.
- Aerial Photographs of Buffalo and Erie/Niagara Counties. Photographs made in 1927-1928, 1966, and 1978. Covers various altitudes and locations. Index maps make it possible to locate specific sites in region. Sample image of South Buffalo area.
- Fire Insurance Maps of Buffalo. Sanborn Fire Insurance Company maps. Detailed maps of individual blocks. UB has a subscription to the entire New York State historical Sanborn maps (UB users only), and a microfilm set of Buffalo.
- Zoning Map of Buffalo. Basic reference to commercial, industrial, and residential zones.