Processing and Description: Home
Guide for UB Special Collections covering accessions, processing, description, and care of collection material.Last Updated: Jun 5, 2023 11:19 AM
Best practices for University Archives, The Poetry Collection, and History of Medicine. Additions, errors, omissions, etc. should be directed to Sarah Cogley or Marie Elia.
See also Digital Records in Special Collections.
Special Collections at UB uses ArchivesSpace to create and publish finding aids as well as manage accessions. ArchivesSpace is a tool to encode finding aids using Encoded Archival Description (EAD), an XML standard for encoding archival finding aids, maintained by the Technical Subcommittee for Encoded Archival Standards of the Society of American Archivists, in partnership with the Library of Congress. Encoding finding aids allows us to store, publish, repurpose, and migrate the information in a finding aid.
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard (DACS)
- Encoded Archival Description (EAD) tag library
- Encoded Archival Context for Corporate Bodies, Persons, and Families (EAC-CPF)
- Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Library of Congress Authorities
- Yale Linear Footage Calculator
- Processing Born-Digital Records in UB Special Collections